Welcome to the new wired2theworld!

by wired2theworld on May 9, 2010

Welcome to the newest incarnation of wired2theworld!

We’ve been around a long time (has it really been over a decade?) and thought it was finally time to join the blogosphere.

In the past, on the old site, if you wanted to leave a comment or ask a question you had to send an email. Now, you can leave a comment on the pages attached to each old trip’s link. Going forward, trips will be posted in the new format so interaction between us and our readers will be so much easier. In addition, look for new travel related posts to start showing up here along with the travelogues.

If you’re new to the site, or even if you’re not, grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable and take a look. Check out the “about” page, peruse some of the old trips listed under “our travels,” get some travel tips, or see our favorite links.

Let us know what you think of the new design. We look forward to hearing from you.

1 Michael May 9, 2010 at 8:54 pm

The new layout looks very nice. I like the passport pages background. However, the image on the home page covers up half the searchbox and facebook badge. I’m using FF 3.6 on Ubuntu.

“MichaelBKK”

2 wired2theworld May 9, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. Not sure how to fix that, but I will look into it.

3 Madeline May 9, 2010 at 9:21 pm

It looks great! Congrats on the redesign and all the hard work you put into it 🙂

4 wired2theworld May 9, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Thank you! I’m really excited about where to take it from here.

5 Myra May 10, 2010 at 7:00 am

I love the new design! And I’m looking forward to your travel related posts –you must have a lot of information to share. -M

6 Erika May 10, 2010 at 11:28 am

Wow – I click on you all once a month or so to see where you are headed next and am excited to see the new layout! Where will you list upcoming/new trips?

7 wired2theworld May 10, 2010 at 11:31 am

Erika-That’s a good question and suggestion! I’m going to have to figure that out. As of right now I’m planning on a return to Cambodia with my Mom in October to spend some time with the Ponheary Ly Foundation. Other trips are still unknown/in the works.

8 Joy May 10, 2010 at 11:51 am

Love it! I’m definitely drawn to the passport stamps. 🙂

9 Marcy May 10, 2010 at 12:38 pm

LOVE the new format! Really like the passport page background too!

10 wired2theworld May 10, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Joy and Marcy- Those passport pages are scans of one of our actual passports from our around-the-world trip. I love them too!

11 Lynn May 11, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Kristina, this is amazing! Love the new comment feature, too! It has been cold and rainy here in West Michigan, so I do believe I’m going to have to sit down to re-read all of your travelogues. If I can’t hop a plane myself, traveling vicariously through you is the next best thing! Thanks for continuing to share your adventures!

12 wired2theworld May 12, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Thanks Lynn! I’m glad you like the comment feature. Me too. After I created formerchef I realized just how cool it was to be able to have the interaction right on the page so it was one of the main reasons behind the redesign.

13 Tiffany May 12, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I roll whenever I read the tip on traveling with friends.

Said it before, say it again – this layout looks so good. I’ve only read about your last trips to Italy and Vietnam. This is an eye opener to just how well traveled you and your husband are.

14 Sarah May 12, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Love the new look! I found your website a while back through Fodor’s and I make sure to stop by and see where your travels have taken you.

15 wired2theworld May 12, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Tiffany- It was a bit of an eye-opener to me too! Making all those new pages (one for each old trip) took some serious time and was a good reminder of all the places we’ve been (and all the places I still want to go!).

Sarah-Thanks. If you want to be kept updated without having to check back, make sure you sign up for the RSS feed or the email notification. That way you’ll be notified when ever I post something new.

16 Arlene May 14, 2010 at 3:37 pm

It really looks great and seems to be working really well. Guess I am going to miss our emails. 🙂 I am envious of your passport!!! And it looks like I am going to have to visit Former Chef too. You have a lot of stuff going on.

17 Maxine May 15, 2010 at 3:43 am

Found you in the Thesis forum re questions about pages/nav bar and all that stuff. Love your layout and content, being an avid traveller myself. Like your Facebook page as well and have joined it. Looking forward to reading your posts!

18 Akila May 16, 2010 at 8:37 am

I love the new design and the passport pages background. Wonderful!

19 Grace May 19, 2010 at 7:49 pm

I have been your follower for more than a decade and patterned some of my own trip to yours. I love your new web page and love the fact that I can follow you in FB. It’s nice to see all your recommendations in one place. Really LOVE THAT! Are you still putting.. “Where to Next?” That usually gets me excited. Thanks Dave and Christina..

20 wired2theworld May 19, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Maxine-Thanks so much!

Akila-Thank you! You know I love your site too! 🙂

Grace-Thanks so much for letting me know you are a long time follower. I’m glad you like the changes. You are the 2nd person who has asked about “where to next” so I guess I’m going to have to do something about that as soon as I know the answer!!

~Kristina

21 Chef Gwen May 24, 2010 at 8:25 am

Wow. You outdid yourself…again! Love the new look, and I know it was tons of work, but I’d say worth it!