In July 2015 we spent 2 weeks in Italy celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We’d gone to Italy on our Honeymoon and had done the trifecta of Venice, Florence, and Rome, along with the Amalfi coast in a whirlwind 10 days. While we’ve been back to Italy many times since (see Menu for links to other trips), we wanted to recreate at least a part of our honeymoon for this trip.
In the end, our Itinerary was four days exploring Tuscany based in the hilltop town of Pienza, a night in Pompeii to visit both Herculaneum and Pompeii, four days on the Amalfi coast based in Conca di Marini, ending with 5 days in our favorite city, Rome.
Posts, in order:
- La Bandita Townhouse and Restaurant, Pienza Italy
- Exploring Pienza Italy; Restaurants and Sightseeing
- Exploring Tuscany; Máté Winery, Montalcino, and Montepulciano
- Exploring Tuscany; Podere Il Casale Organic Farm
- Siena; Osteria da Trombicche and Sightseeing
- Staying in Pompeii; Hotel Forum Pompeii and Restaurante Add u’ Mimi
- Pompeii and Herculaneum; Photos and Some Tips For Visiting the Ruins
- Hotel Belvedere on Italy’s Amalfi Coast
- A Visit to Cetara and Driving on the Amalfi Coast
- Amalfi Coast Dining and Sightseeing
- Rome Restaurants; Dining and Drinking in the City
- Rome Italy: Tips For Climbing St. Peter’s Dome And For Visiting the Basilica
- Three Palace Museums in Rome