The Sacred Valley:
- The Road to Urubamba Peru
- The Tambo Del Inka Resort, Urubamba, Peru
- Chinchero Peru; Church and A Wedding
- Market in Chinchero Peru
- Moray and the Maras Salt Pans
- Dining Out in Urubamba Peru
- Ollantaytambo and Pisac
- The Road to Cusco; Of Llamas And Stones
- Mercado San Pedro, Cusco Peru
- Walking Around Cusco
- Eating and Drinking in Cusco Peru
I am enjoying these blog posts and your trip report on Fodor’s. We are planning a very similar trip to Peru in 2015. I am wondering what it was like travelling in the week before Easter? Did that affect your plans at all and were many things closed for the celebrations on Good Friday and Easter Sunday? Thanks in advance.
So glad you are liking my posts! There will be more soon. I wouldn’t say being there during Holy Week affected much. In fact, I’ve traveled in Mexico, Spain, Italy and now Peru during Holy Week and I quite like it.
In Cusco, there were several churches closed during the day in preparations for that week’s festivities, but then that night we got into churches which are normally closed. Go figure. Good Friday is usually interesting because of processions. Cusco is supposed to have good ones, but we left that morning for Lima. We left Lima on Easter Sunday so that didn’t impact us at all.